Saturday, September 20, 2008

IMAX @ natural history

right now I'm sitting in the IMAX projection booth at AMNH.

(that'd be the America Museum of Natural History.)

I love it here.

currently we're running the same slate of films that I run during the week at my other place The Maritime Aquarium: SEA MONSTERS & WILD OCEAN.

here in New York, they're only running 'OCEAN because it was recently nominated for some kind of Academy award. I say "some kind" because it was always my understanding that the Oscars were announced in like, february for a mid-march show. but I guess that since it's a documentary, they do that sort of business earlier.

anyway, the movie certainly deserves it. congrats to those who worked on it -- it's pretty good. the images are stunning, and the music is dramatic and robust. (right now I'm looking at a swirl of fish that form a massive sphere -- it's pretty cool to see).

what's also pretty cool (*you call that writing? "pretty cool", jeeze dave... I'm just not feeling like adjective-guy right now) is how it's shot half IMAX cameras, and half underwater-HD. the transfer and color correct is pretty strong and you can only tell if you're a video pro and know where to look.

that's about it for now, gotta get back to it.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home